Volunteering at Curiosity
Opportunities For You!
This is a Festival for the community, created by the community and there are lots of ways you can be involved. You will learn new skills, make new friends and experience the joy of creating a festival and taking part – check out more of the benefits below.
We welcome local folk, including young people, who would like to be a part of the Festival Organising Team and/or help make the day happen. You can give an hour or two or more – whatever you can manage. Simply register your interest using the button below!
Need Evidence to Support Education or Job Applications?
We can provide a certificate to evidence your involvement in community action for further or higher education applications, as well as job applications. If you’re interested in Event Management the Curiosity Festival will give you hands on experience!
If you are under 18 you will need a parent/guardian to volunteer with you – simply fill in a form each and indicate who you’re volunteering with when prompted!
What’s In It For You?
Your support will make an amazing difference to the success of the Curiosity Festival and we will be with you every step of the way. If you would like to join Team Curiosity, you will benefit in the following ways:
Benefits to You:
- Volunteering builds confidence and self-esteem, it is also proven to reduce stress and helps to combat depression
- It will give you a strong sense of purpose by helping to build a stronger local community
- It can combat social isolation by connecting you to other people
- You will be part of a Team that looks out for each other, visitors, entertainers, stall holders and many more
- You will learn and reinforce new transferable skills that can be used in other areas of your life
- It can advance your career
- If you perform your duties to a good standard you will receive an e-Certificate as evidence of your efforts
What sort of Roles are Available?
There are lots of roles available to suit everyone. You will have the opportunity to indicate what kind of roles you would like to do via the application form. Here are just a few:
- Festival Committee member
- Volunteer Coordination
- Traffic Management
- Set Up and Pack Down Support
- Main Stage Support
- Front of House
- Pop Up Theatre Support
- Keeping the Park clean
- Have A Go Activity Support
- … and many more.
Benefits to Visitors and Dewsbury:
- You could help to plan the festival and engage with local people, community groups and businesses.
- You will ensure that visitors to the Curiosity Festival enjoy the day and can find out information when they need it
- You will help visitors to feel safe and secure
- Your support will enable the festival to run smoothly
- Your ideas and experience will feed into the organisation and success of the day
- You will help people have new and varied experiences that may not have been available to them before
- You will be a part of the inaugural team that establishes a good and strong reputation for the festival for years to come, and boosts the social and economic wellbeing of Dewsbury
Curiosity Volunteer Form
Simply fill in the Volunteer Form and we will be in touch with information about being a part of the Team Curiosity as a Volunteer.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you!
Whilst the Curiosity Festival has been initiated by volunteers, the intention is that it should grow to be a part of the UK National Festival Scene, and YOU can help make that happen! Simply fill in the form via the blue button!